Teaching Disciplines and Requirements
If the foreign teacher wishes to reschedule any classes, he/she should first report to the Teaching Affairs Office of relevant schools (via the co-teacher) to gain approval. Requirement for multimedia classrooms should be made to the Teaching Affairs Office (via the co-teacher) beforehand. Mid-way rearrangement of classrooms is very complicated and usually not considered
(2)If the foreign teacher plans to leave Changzhou for more than one day (weekdays), he/she will have to inform the school concerned and International Cooperation and Exchange Office, and get permission from the aforesaid school and office before taking the offer.
(3)If the foreign teacher is offered extra teaching tasks off campus, he/she should inform the school concerned and International Cooperation and Exchange Office, and get permission from the aforesaid school and office before taking the offer.
(4) The foreign teacher is recommended to ask for students’ feedback after the first two weeks of instruction and make any necessary adjustments.
(5)The head of the school concerned (or other teachers of the department) may sit in one of the foreign teacher’s classes within the first two weeks, and will also ask the students for their comments on the teacher’s work.
(6) The foreign teacher is expected to be in the classroom at least five minutes before class and should not dismiss students ahead of the required time.
(7)The foreign teacher can use video clips can be used in class teaching, but should not play video clips for the entire class without any task-based activities.
(8)The foreign teacher is prohibited to preach to students or other teachers either in class or outside class, invite other religious people to do anything relating to religion with the students, or convert anybody who is not religious before, either on campus or off campus.
(9)Dating with students is considered not appropriate and the foreign teacher is suggested to handle it in right way.
1.2.1 General requirements
(1) Each foreign teacher is required to give a maximum of 16 class periods (each period refers to 45 minutes) per week, including English, German or Japanese corner (once a week).
(2) At the beginning of a semester, the foreign teacher should register at the International Cooperation and Exchange Office and the relevant school he/she will teach at the beginning of each semester; At the end of a semester, the teacher should finish his/her teaching tasks and submit examination files before leaving for vocation or home country.
(3) The relevant school is responsible for the foreign teacher’s teaching quality control. His or her teaching quality will be assessed by checking his or her teaching plans, auditing his or her lectures, and organizing students’ meetings. the foreign teacher needs to make necessary adjustments to his or her teaching plan according to students’ feedback.
(4) The foreign teacher is required to attend relevant teaching and research activities arrangement by the school he is teaching.
(5)Each year the foreign teacher is required to give a lecture in each semester for students on campus.